Once you have decided to build a mobile application for your company, outsourcing may be an option. This article will show you how to find a good outsourcing company to help you implement your idea.
Why outsourcing software app development is advantageous
It can be tedious to hire skilled employees for in-house app development, such as technical heads and developers, and possibly a project manager. It can also be costly to maintain the team and ensure that they are up-to-date with technological advances. Outsourcing mobile app development is a great option in such situations. The savings can be used to create a more feature-rich application.
This arrangement would have many benefits for the app development partner:
- They would be able to use their technical knowledge and have access to the most current resources (both human and tool-based) for the app’s development.
- You can also benefit from their expertise and foresight to help you spot potential obstacles and take action.
- An expert can be hired for any stage of the app development process or all phases.
- If you’re looking for a long-term partnership, vendors can support the app and keep it running after it has been developed successfully.
Apps that can be outsourced:
Apps are being developed by companies to interact directly with employees, customers, business partners, and end-users. Software apps are now able to interact with all levels of the business.
A company app can be used to efficiently manage its resources or to allow its global workforce access to data and tools anywhere, anytime. These apps may be cloud-based, on-premise, or web-based.
Mobile apps that can be downloaded from multiple platforms and devices are rapidly being created. The hybrid app is a combination of web apps and native mobile applications. It offers both the benefits of each. The use of responsive technology allows you to create a single app that runs on multiple devices, saving overall costs.
Any type of app, whether it is enterprise, mobile, cloud, or web, requires knowledge of the technology used and an understanding of the business needs. This can be done by outsourcing the process to a specialized company that will deliver an app solution that suits your business.
Steps for Effective App Development Outsourcing:
Outsourcing comes with many risks. Establishing trust between the developer and you are key to achieving the best outsourcing outcome. To build trust and establish a reference point, it is important to discuss expectations, scope, requirements, deadlines, and documentation. To keep developers motivated, payment should be tied to deliverables.
You should be focusing on the following:
- State goals.
- Organize your budget and time frames
- Create a priority list of features; identify the most important and desirable features.
- Look for a vendor that is familiar with your business. Get feedback from customers who have used your product. Check out some apps similar to yours, that were previously created by them.
- To protect your business interests, have the outsourcing service provider sign an agreement of non-disclosure.
- Give prompt, clear, and timely feedback
- Keep an open mind, and listen to the developer’s suggestions and ideas so that you can benefit from their domain expertise.
- You can divide the app development into milestones, with clearly defined deliverables. Each milestone will have a timeline.
- You can stagger your payment and then link it to each deliverable.
- You should be prepared for multiple beta versions. Before accepting any version, you must run functional tests in an end-user environment.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the code files and the running app are delivered at the end.
Read More:- Flutter Mobile App Development: The Pros and Con
The App Development Cycle Broken Down:
The process would be more stable if it was broken down into smaller, well-defined phases. You would be able to track the a development process and improve the quality of your app. These are the steps to follow:
- This stage is about establishing a shared understanding of the app’s goals and expectations. This section should include a description of your expectations for the app, what features you need, which are optional and desirable, how the app should view the end, as well as the timelines for intermediate projects, and the deadline for the final deliverable.
- It is a good idea to discuss and agree on how the support will be provided for bugs during the testing phase or once the app has gone live.
- To reach a common position, it will take multiple rounds of discussion and open communication.
2.Scope Definition and Alignment
- After app goals are defined, the developer/designer should include them in the document that defines the entire scope of the app.
- This document should be understood and carefully reviewed to ensure the developer’s view of the app matches yours.
- Contractual agreements between the parties are also based on the scope of work. Any additional features could incur additional costs.
- This is the actual coding phase and active development that will bring the app to life.
- Each stage must have clearly defined functionality and delivery milestones. This incremental approach will allow you to see how the app is developing.
- This stage is a good place to use scrum or agile. The phased delivery, regardless of whether it is a formal approach, allows for the review and testing of the app along with development. This allows for any deviations to be quickly and economically rectified.
4.Initial Support and Shipping
- After the app is developed, it can be shipped. It is important to ensure that the app has a storefront.
- Shipping is an important part of app development. Make sure that your developer packs it well and delivers it to the intended servers.
- Developer support must be included in the initial scope of work. This would include fixing bugs in the live app. Do not forget to give the source code files that have been updated at the end of this stage. They are your intellectual property.
5. Training and Support
- Support for the live app will be required. This could be the original developer or team, or someone you have engaged.
- If you are the first, you will need a new maintenance contract signed with the developer. For the latter, make sure that the developer trains new staff to transfer knowledge and skills.
Reliable developers will work with you to co-own your app and provide you with proactive reports and constructive suggestions for improving the product. The outsourcing service provider’s initial design will reflect their sincerity and clarity. Quality would also be reflected in the speed and quality of the delivery process.
Software app development is not an isolated task. There will be constant technological changes, increased demands from users, security issues, changes in business scenarios, and competition that will require enhancements, optimizations, and improvements throughout the life of your app.
Want To Outsource Your Project? Talk To Our Business Manager
Successful mobile app development projects build a strong relationship with your vendor/developer that can be used for smoother future collaborations.